Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Zentangle Spoken Here

Last weekend I had the privilege of visiting my son John, his girlfriend, and their friends in Greenville, South Carolina.   Before leaving for my adventure, I searched the CZT page on Zentangle.com and found a fellow CZT in that 'neck of the woods'.

 
To my delight, she had a beautiful bead shop right in the middle of town.  Meet Heidi Woody, CZT:
 

Heidi's shop, The Beaded Frog, is a bright and inviting space decorated in cheery shades of purple and green.  The back classroom boasts a beautiful wall mural by Heidi's son, just one of the many delightful details in the store.   Along with Heidi's penchant for pretty frogs, the shop overflows with beads and all things bead related.  

Tucked in among the frogs and the beads, is a space where Heidi sells her Zentangle® related things.  As we visited, she pointed out the framed "Zentangle Spoken Here" pictured on the purple wall in the photo above. 

As it turns out - that sign is the original art work of Maria Thomas.  Heidi explained that she originally coined the phrase and Maria sent the painting as a thank you.  How cool is that?!

And now, as Paul Harvey would say, you know the rest of the story!

When I teach a class, I hang a printed copy of that sign on the gallery door - now I know who to thank for the inspiration. 

If you ever find yourself on Main Street in Greenville, South Carolina, stop in and see Heidi at The Beaded Frog.

Thank you, Heidi!


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a special meeting! Love that sign, can't wait to have one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love that "rest of the story"! I'll bet you're really glad you took the time and effort to look up our fellow CZT - what a great reward! ♥

    ReplyDelete