Thursday, December 12, 2013

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em - With ZIA Style!

Yesterday, I was informed by my foot doctor that this lovely boot would be my left foot's constant companion for at least another two weeks. 

Since I have worn it for the past four weeks, I must admit that the news did not sit too well with me.  Christmas shopping and decorating have been more challenging - and I did hope to be more mobile by now. 

I moped for a bit - and then decided to get the better of this thing.

I did what any self-respecting tangler would do - I set out to tangle the boot!

Look at the label on this pack of silver Sharpie brand markers -

It says right on the front, "GREAT FOR DARK SURFACES."   That was all the encouragement I needed.

I sat down this afternoon and - with some Zentangle® inspiration - my boot is now a fashion statement!  Well, maybe more like a conversation piece...

Here are the 'before' and 'after' photos -




Now I feel as though I got the better of my boot, and not the other way around :).
 
Maybe you know someone who could use a lift with some ZIA on a boot, or cast, or sling.  If you do, and you spread some Zentangle joy, please send me a photo!
 
 
Feel free to leave a comment in the box below.
If you would like to hear from me, please use the email box to the right.
Thank you!



1 comment:

  1. It looks great. Too bad you didn't think of that 4 weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete