Monday, July 21, 2014

My Summer Project - Part 2

PLEASE NOTE:
I will be away from my computer for the next few weeks.  The results for "It's a String Thing" will be posted, but just a bit delayed.

There will still be a new challenge issued on Tuesdays - so keep up the good work and send in your tiles!

I am very excited to say that I am posting a ten part series on my latest summer project - I am anxious to show you what I have been tangling.  Have fun following the progress and you may just want to try one yourself!


Here is the second of nine tiles in my summer ensemble ~
Ensemble Tile 2 of 9 by Adele Bruno, CZT
This was fun.  I especially like to work from a center curve and work up and outward like this string allowed from the bottom right corner.

Sandy Bartholomew is my inspiration for this type of tangling. She details it in her book Totally Tangled.

From "It's a String Thing" #39  I learned the wonderful look of a sideways Msst from my fellow tanglers and I like the way it looks here coming from Printemps.  A bit of Knightsbridge, Yincut, and Beadline finished it off.

The balance of curves, free form tangles, and grid based ones was a pleasant surprise on the finished tile.






2 comments:

  1. Adele ... your work is so crisp and precise. I really love looking at it and into it ...to discover how you achieve your depth and movement. I haven't had time to submit any work to your challenges of late but I follow along ...avidly! soon my life may slow down a bit and i can get back into the saddle....lol ... take care and cant wait for the next tile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful note. I am happy to know that you are keeping up with challenges and I look forward to the time when you are able to participate. Take care!

      Delete