Thursday, December 29, 2016

My Merry Tangled Wreath

In my post about the Off the Beaten Path Tour, I included a photo of this wreath ~

Tangled Wreath by Adele Bruno, CZT

Since I also mentioned that I would post how I made it, I thought I'd get this in print before the "old year passes"...

Believe it or not, once my materials were gathered, the project took less than 30 minutes to complete. Here are the particulars ~

The 18" wreath was a purchase from the craft store, Michael's.  The ribbon was also purchased from there.  In fact there were several black and white patterned ribbons to choose from.  I liked this one because the spirals were bold and very much resembled Printemps.

I twisted and tied the ribbon into a bow and fastened it to the wreath with florist wire.

Next, I selected a nine piece ensemble that I completed and placed it on my printer/copier.  I copied it to both sides of white card stock paper.



I have CZT Inge Frasch (Bavaria) to thank for the next step:  She told me about a hole punch sold by  Becky Higgins.  It pops out the perfect 2" x 2" squares complete with rounded corners.

It was quick and quite fun to punch the Bijou tile shapes out of the printed sheets covered with my tangled tiles.


For the last step, I used a glue gun to secure the squares to the wreath.

If I didn't tell, wouldn't you assume that it took hours (of enjoyment, of course!) to complete.

Think of the possibilities for other projects, decorations, cards, and so on.

It's  the perfect addition to the door in my office/studio and I may just keep it up all year 'round...



The mirror just over the light switch is one of Su D'Alessio's Delicately Detailed Pottery pieces from her December show.  It is a beautiful piece.

Also pictured is a sneak peek of my tangled "window treatments".

I'll write about them in a future post.  Stay tuned!














No comments:

Post a Comment